Imagine a completely new way of diving where your tanks are by your side, easy to reach and enabling you to glide as streamlined as a dolphin. Wouldn’t it be great? With the PADI Sidemount Specialty Course, you will discover a whole new way of diving.
Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. And the great thing is that you don’t have to carry your heavy tanks on your back. You just have to enter the water, clip your cylinders on your side and dive.
If you are in the possession of a PADI Open Water Diver certificate and you are 15 years or older, you can participate to the PADI Sidemount Specialty Course.
This course will last two full days.
The knowledge development of the PADI Sidemount Specialty Course involves the following topics:
- You will learn how to properly assemble and configure Sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Your instructor will teach you how to trim your weight system and Sidemount gear so that you are perfectly balanced in the water.
- Managing gas by switching second stages as planned, if you dive with two tanks, will be showed by your instructor.
- You will also be teach on how to respond correctly to potential problems when Sidemount diving.
Along with learning the benefits of diving with a Sidemount configuration as described above, you will perform a confined water dive and 3 open water dives.
Diving with a Sidemount configuration will definitely reduce lower back pain, increase your air supply for longer dives and give you the ability to monitor all equipment because it is in front of you.
After all the evolution of diving continues, here with Sidemount diving, a configuration making it extremely comfortable to dive. Primarily used in cave and technical diving, this configuration became now very popular in recreational diving, with divers realizing the benefits, not only with the ease of diving, but also with the new skills, theory and safety factors available. It gives the divers a higher level of comfort and competence.
And don’t forget, this course counts towards your Master Scuba Diver rating, your ultimate goal as a recreational diver.
Find a new way to configure your tanks with the PADI Sidemount Specialty Course at Dive Mania.
• Minimum age : 18 yrs
• Certificate: advanced open water
• Minimum of 30 logged dives
• Recommended: enriched air diver