The PADI Rescue Diver Course is the first step in becoming a scuba diving professional. This program covers all the essential skills needed to qualify as a PADI Divemaster and kick start your professional diving career.
The PADI Divemaster Course has more prerequisites than other courses:
- Divemaster candidates must be minimum 18 years old.
- They must be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI RescueDiver.
- The PADI Emergency First Response Course (EFR), CPR and First-Aid, must be completed within 24 Months.
- Each participant must have a medical clearance to dive.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 40 logged dives at the beginning of the course and need 60 logged dives at the end of the course in order to get their PADI Rescue Diver certificate.
During the PADI Divemaster Course you will be guided closely by one of our PADI certified instructors. We will gradually build up your confidence and you will learn how it is to be a PADI Divemaster. Throughout the course we will show you how to guide dives and how to assist you instructor on diving courses and excursions. We will also learn you how to ensure the equipment is cleaned and maintained properly.
The duration of the course has a minimum of 3 weeks but if you need more time, you can follow it at your own pace.
The PADI Divemaster Course consists of several parts:
- The knowledge Development. You will watch the video and read the manual. You will also have to complete all knowledge reviews and pass the final Divemaster exam. Beside you will need to create and complete an Emergency Assistance plan.
- Water skills and stamina. This part consists of several swimming tests, equipment exchange, rescue assessment and you will show demonstration quality skills of all basic scuba diving skills.
- Practical Application. This part consists of practical skills workshops such as dive site set up and management, mapping project, dive briefings, search and recovery scenario and deep dive scenario. Also included are the Divemaster Conducted program workshops such as skin diver course and snorkeling supervision, Discover Scuba Diving program in confined and open water and a few more workshops.
- Practical Assessment. You will learn to assist your instructor with open water students in confined and in open water and you will conduct a dive in open water with certified divers.
- Divemaster trainees are also assessed on their professionalism throughout the course and vary from active positive participation to general appearance.
Subscribe the PADI Divemaster Course with us because, at Dive Mania, we strongly believe that once you have completed the course, you are in a unique position to influence all the divers you encounter in your diving career.
• Minimum age: 18 yrs
• Certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver
• Logged 40 scuba dives
• Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months